lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] sequential API dual-stack listen and the (unreferenced)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] sequential API dual-stack listen and the (unreferenced) tcp_listen_dual macro
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 22:01:34 +0200

Kieran Mansley wrote:
On 26 Jun 2012, at 16:39, James G. Smith wrote:

I was wondering what the intended "plan" is regarding the use of the
tcp_listen_dual macro and the common "src/api/api_msg.c" support?
I don't think there is currently a plan - Ivan would probably be the one who
would have the plan if there was one!

I don't think so, either. However, I think it was me, not Ivan, who added that functionality because I wanted to be able to start the httpd with only one pcb.

However, I prefer your "per-socket" approach as I think it could be done with
very minimal overhead.

I don't know about that. I deliberately didn't add this to the sequential APIs, since I did not find a standard way to do so on sockets (I hadn't considered the netconn API, I must confess). If there is a way to do so on any other (BSD-like) socket implementation, I'd strongly suggest to follow that instead of inventing our own thing.

Simon