lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [lwip-commits] [SCM] UNNAMED PROJECT branch, ppp-new, u

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [lwip-commits] [SCM] UNNAMED PROJECT branch, ppp-new, updated. aa2656cb9e8f6cdd7921fc36d5e00060065058a4
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 20:14:33 +0200

Sylvain Rochet wrote:
- Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
commit aa2656cb9e8f6cdd7921fc36d5e00060065058a4
Author: Sylvain Rochet<address@hidden>
Date:   Sun May 20 01:44:22 2012 +0200

     Replaced md4/md5/sha1 implementations to PolarSSL ones

Are you sure we're allowed to use the PolarSSL code? A quick look at http://polarssl.org/licensing told me that the Open Source License for PolarSSL is GPL (v2) while lwIP is distributed under a BSD-Style license. The difference here is that we don't require anyone using lwIP in a product to unveil their source code (or even the lwIP source code), while GPL requires any source code linked to GPL sources to be made available to the public, too.

In short, we cannot include GPL code in our repository.

As a side note, I'm still looking for a decent open source SSL implementation for embedded webservers with a BSD-style licensed...

Simon