lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] 1.4.1 final release date

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] 1.4.1 final release date
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 21:48:48 +0200

Kieran Mansley wrote:
There have been a number of changes pushed since the RC1, so yes I think we'll
need an RC2.

Unfortunately, I haven't found too much time for lwIP, lately - I've been quite busy with other things...

Anyway, since you (Kieran) wrote this mail, 11 new bugs have been reported on savannah (plus one possible bug with PPP checksum, which David Empson hasn't confirmed, yet). Being like that, should we analyse/fix these before 1.4.1 or postpone them to 1.5.0?

I can say that I won't have the time to maintain a 1.4.2 tree, so any bug not fixed in 1.4.1 will probably have to wait for 1.5.0 (including Ivan's new IPv6 code) - although that is not necessarily a bad thing.

I'll continue to fix bugs in master (i.e. forthcoming 1.5.0), but I'd be happy to merge the fixes back to the 1.4.1 branch, given that we seem to have decided for an RC2, anyway. While we do need to stop fixing new bugs at some point, I'm happy we got so many reports, lately - which means people are contributing to lwIP: for me, a good bug report is half the way to getting the bug fixed!

Simon