lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #34172] Send and Non blobking socket : send is not com

From: SandrineLWI1565
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #34172] Send and Non blobking socket : send is not complete
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 09:10:55 +0000

Hello Simon,

The code was correct on my side. I have a request on my socket and before
sending the answer. I use select() to check if it is writable.  It saw my
socket as writable without delay after my request but it never saw my socket
as writable after the first successful send(), even if I waited many minutes.
So I wondered if the patch was correct on last released version (1.4.0.) and
if the send(NON_BLOCKING) didn't block the socket in this version.

I have discovered  that I had a bad point on my network : my Switch had some
problems. So It wasn't due to the code : My switch was fully saturated after
the first send()....

And the patch done at 2011-07-22 20:05:24 on the Git master branch seems to be
correct on the 1.4.0 version : Please note that I have not done unit tests on
the send() functionality. These are  only my conclusions after using my own
software.

Best regards

Sandrine

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34172>