lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #33604] Callback registering functions don't check

From: Cameron Gutman
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #33604] Callback registering functions don't check for a legal socket state
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 21:12:58 -0400

I agree that it isn't the ideal network stack for ReactOS. We have one based on
the OSKit project but it required a lot of nasty hacks and it crashes
frequently. I figured we'd take a performance hit but it was worth the
stability and upgradability. We have the IP, UDP, and Raw IP layers implemented
in our own code (which works fairly well) but TCP is a complicated beast and
we've always relied on a 3rd party library to provide it. lwIP will also help
because as lwIP's IPv6 implementation matures, it can be integrated into
ReactOS alongside our IPv4-only implementation. I think for our alpha status
this will do but later we'll need to find another solution for the long term
before we reach beta status.

Cameron Gutman