lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] core/timers.c with NO_SYS?

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] core/timers.c with NO_SYS?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 22:00:44 +0200

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Bill Auerbach
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I wouldn't change it.  IMO if lwIP were going to work in a fully preemptive
> RTOS environment with shared PCB and sockets, it needs to be designed to do
> so, not shoehorned in.

Uhm, I'm exactly using lwIP in such systems and with shared PCB's and
sockets. However, not using sys_arch of course.

I am not following the criticism. Who talked about interrupt locks? I
certainly did not.

Why would pbuf, mem and memp be interrupt disabled locks? That makes
no sense to me. They are not in any way related to an interrupt
(handler).

Interrupt disable locks are only needed in an interrupt handler, and
any code that touches the same data structures as the interrupt
handler does.

Regards,
--
Leon