lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] IPv6 support

From: Kudat KARA
Subject: [lwip-devel] IPv6 support
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 07:59:32 -0800

Hi,

I am new to the list and I want to thank you all for your efforts to keep Lwip uptodate.

I played a little with ipv6 patches of Ivan Delamer. (Cogratulations Ivan).
I am not sure if this list is the proper place to post but please find my comments.

1. mld_send function of mld6.c is not initializing pbuf * p. It should rather be, p = pbuf_alloc(PBUF_IP, sizeof(struct mld_header) + sizeof(struct ip6_hbh_hdr), PBUF_RAM);

2. Not related to ipv6 but a general issue, tcp_input function of tcp_in.c.
If an out of sequence RST or FIN message is received when there is no open socket, Lwip allocates a new socket.

Just after ,
/* Finally, if we still did not get a match, we check all PCBs that
      are LISTENing for incoming connections. */

adding the code below may solve the issue.

if ((flags & (TCP_SYN | TCP_RST | TCP_FIN)) != TCP_SYN)
{ // do not accept if rst or fin set or no syn
 pbuf_free(p);
 return;
}

As ipv6 is an ongoing development and more pathces are to follow, I hope you might consider to keep it as a branch to be merged later. Applying patches in windows environment is very time consuming (patch of GNU toolset for windows is not locating directories properly).

Many thanks again,

Kudat