lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Patch for PAP uninitialized variable

From: Fredrik Hederstierna
Subject: [lwip-devel] Patch for PAP uninitialized variable
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:57:08 +0100

Hi
I found a possible uninitialized variable issue in PAP.

In  "pap.c" function "upap_rauthreq(...)"
The variable

    int msglen;

Is put as out-parameter to:

    retcode = check_passwd(...);

but current implementation does not set it at all.
Then two lines later the value is used in function:

    upap_sresp(u, retcode, id, msg, msglen);

upap_sresp(...)
{
  PUTCHAR(msglen, outp);
  BCOPY(msg, outp, msglen);

Also "msg" is not checked for NULL.
I attach a simple patch, but also NULL should be checked for "msg" I guess.
Probably is this code never used, but nevertheless.

Thanks and Best Regards/Fredrik