lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] lwIP Copyright

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] lwIP Copyright
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 19:28:44 +0200

 Kieran Mansley wrote:
On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 12:16 -0400, Bill Auerbach wrote:
[...] and seeing they only mention SICS (2001, 2002) as copyright holder,
This is not the exact copyright listed in the files for lwIP.
First of all "SICS (2001, 2002)" is an abbreviation created by me. In long terms it's "Copyright (c) 2001, 2002 Swedish Institute of Computer Science.".
[..]
If the latter, I'd probably side with Microsoft - they will have just
pulled the COPYING file from the root of the lwIP source directory and
used that, which seems reasonable.
Exactly. It's our own problem that our copyrights differ in files and in the root directory file, I guess.
If they're distributing source and have edited or removed copyright
statements, or they're distributing binaries and haven't included the
lwIP copyright then I'll have a word and ask them to correct it.
They do distribute sources and have our complete sources integrated (they are modified a bit from the original release though). And they do have included the copyright from "COPYING" in their binary distribution, too, so that's OK, too. It's on us to change that file if we want future references to be different.

Simon