lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Bug in tcp_connect - never timing out.

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Bug in tcp_connect - never timing out.
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 07:46:32 +0200

Could you please file a bug report on this so it doesn't get forgotten?

As to the suspected race condition: lwIP is in effect single-threaded, so the
netif cannot go down between tcp_connect() and tcp_output_segment() (which is
called from tcp_connect(), so no thread-change that sets the interface down can
come in between). As such, I think testing for the route in tcp_connect() is
fine. Another possibility would be to let tcp_connect() return the return value
of tcp_output(), but we have to discuss this in the bug tracker.

Simon