lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #27445] PCB hangs in Fast Retransmit due to unchanging

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #27445] PCB hangs in Fast Retransmit due to unchanging cwnd
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:16:05 +0000

I didn't want to change the behavior of inflating the congestion window,
which is dependent on the value of dupacks.  I therefore opted to increase
dupacks, then do all the other things, then reset dupack if necessary.  If I
reset dupacks it at the start of that code block some of the other things
might not happen.

To be honest I'm still not sure the current code is right in this regard: we
only inflate the congestion window if dupacks > 3, and so will stop increasing
the congestion window once all the data have been acked and we reset dupacks
to zero, even though we are getting more acknowledgements telling us that
packets have left the network.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27445>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/