lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #26251] RST process in TIME_WAIT TCP state

From: Oleg Tyshev
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #26251] RST process in TIME_WAIT TCP state
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:23:03 +0000

>- send RST on SYN,
I don't think that it is good idea to send RST to SYN.
Fast in each RFC describing SYN flood is not advised to reply with SYN if it
is not possible to process it.

>- ACK a FIN and reset pcb->tmr
>- ACK acceptable seqno (unless RST set)
Yes, we should ACK any acceptable seqno.
But which seqno is acceptable? Any?

>accepting SYNs in TIME_WAIT as described in RFC 1122
It exists many variants of generation initial sequence number and in general
this number is random.

So it is impossible to identify "initial sequence number for the new
connection to be larger than the largest sequence number it used on the
previous connection incarnation"

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26251>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/