lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #27709] conn->err race condition on netconn_recv() tim

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #27709] conn->err race condition on netconn_recv() timeout
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:25:57 +0000

Update of bug #27709 (project lwip):

         Planned Release:                   1.3.2 => 1.4.0

Follow-up Comment #3:

I think I can see why netconn_recv is different: all the other netconn
functions return an err_t, whereas netconn_recv returns a buffer, so has to
use conn->err to indicate error status.

I think we should modify netconn_recv to return an error like the others, and
have it take a buffer pointer as an argument to the function.  This will
involve an API change, but I think is justifiable given the nature of this
bug.  However, because there will be an API change I'll mark this as 1.4.0

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27709>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/