lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #26397] SLIP polling support

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #26397] SLIP polling support
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:38:23 +0000

I thought sio_recv would not block since it is used that way in ppp.c: if it
returns 0, nothing has been read and a sleep(1) is executed. If it would
block, this would never happen.

However, the sio.h file isn't very well documented (or not documented at all,
rather) - the only documentation seems to be in the win32 port's sio.c file,
and sio_recv isn't documented there, too.

But to me it seems like sio_recv shouldn't block, and if so I think we should
keep the current behaviour to avoid upgrading problems. That way, we have
sio_read for blocking mode and sio_recv for non-blocking mode.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26397>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/