lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #27209] tcp_input discards frames even though they are

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #27209] tcp_input discards frames even though they are within the announced window
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:35:00 +0000

The number of ACKs sent shouldn't have any effect.  The other end might use
this to increase their idea of the congestion window, but the receive window
is specified by the values in the packet headers not the number of packets.  I
suppose that without the extra ACKs the sender retains a small congestion
window and so doesn't send the frame that overruns the receive window.

I've attached a patch that might help.  It is untested, but compiles.  I
wonder if you could try it out to see if it solves the problem.  I've also
added some extra assertions to try and spot this sort of thing happening.

(file #18553)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: bug27209                       Size:3 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27209>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/