lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #26507] Gratuitous ARP depends on arp_table / uses eth

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #26507] Gratuitous ARP depends on arp_table / uses etharp_query
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 20:14:40 +0000

Update of bug #26507 (project lwip):

             Assigned to:                    None => goldsimon

Follow-up Comment #1:

"HM2" wrote on lwip-source:
> This is probably nit picky, but I think the Target Hardware Address should
> be set to the FF... broadcast value, rather than Zero.  This is in
Etharp.c
> in the function etharp_request().  &ethzero is used where I think it
should
> be &ethbroadcast.  In the other examples and doc I always see  FF... used
> for this value.

However, RFC 3220 says in chapter 4.6

         When using an ARP Reply packet,
         the Target Hardware Address is also set to the link-layer
         address to which this cache entry should be updated (this field
         is not used in an ARP Request packet).

So it is OK to use ethzero.

I've added a function-like define etharp_gratuitous(), that is used instead
of etharp_query in netif.c. It just sends a gratuitous request by calling
etharp_request(netif, netif->ip_addr).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26507>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/