lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Re: [lwip-commits] lwip CHANGELOG src/core/ipv4/icmp.c src/

From: address@hidden
Subject: [lwip-devel] Re: [lwip-commits] lwip CHANGELOG src/core/ipv4/icmp.c src/include...
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 10:39:56 +0200

Oops, accidentally committed that before discussing it: I mainly shrinked the ICMP code by
a) using the same function for sending time-exceeded and dest-unreachable
b) skipping the check for sufficient size of the RX-pbuf when sending an echo response

b is implemented with a new configuration option. I deliberately did not put that into opt.h, and that's mainly what I wanted to discuss before checking in.

Oh, and I also removed the 2 header structs for time-exceeded and destunreachable (to avoid having redundant code: ICMP header is always the same, only the usage of the data part differs) and splitted the u16_t _type_code into u8_t type and u8_t code.

Simon

Simon Goldschmidt wrote:
CVSROOT:        /sources/lwip
Module name:    lwip
Changes by:     Simon Goldschmidt <goldsimon>     09/05/09 08:36:37

Modified files:
. : CHANGELOG src/core/ipv4 : icmp.c src/include/ipv4/lwip: icmp.h
Log message:
        Shrinked ICMP code, added option to NOT check icoming ECHO pbuf for
size (just use it): LWIP_ICMP_ECHO_CHECK_INPUT_PBUF_LEN

CVSWeb URLs:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/lwip/CHANGELOG?cvsroot=lwip&r1=1.385&r2=1.386
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/lwip/src/core/ipv4/icmp.c?cvsroot=lwip&r1=1.44&r2=1.45
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/lwip/src/include/ipv4/lwip/icmp.h?cvsroot=lwip&r1=1.14&r2=1.15