lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6823] tcp_in.c - small optimization

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6823] tcp_in.c - small optimization
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 17:54:37 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #6823 (project lwip):

Yeah, I don't like to rely on optimizers to fix things - it may have
corrected the first line, but no compiler can change the second (it cannot
remove a sequence point).

I don't think I posted this before, maybe mentioned it.  Can I upload the
patch for the tcp.h macro improvements?  Hopefully we'll get some feedback on
code size savings (and speed if one cares to benchmark).  I was not able to
test big endian, but I don't see problems and think there is little effect on
those platforms.

How do changes get put out for testing/trial before being considered for
inclusion in the code base?

Bill

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6823>

  Message sent via/by Savannah