lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6745] Ethernet interface drivers for CS8900A, MCF52

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6745] Ethernet interface drivers for CS8900A, MCF5223x
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:51:41 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #6745 (project lwip):

If the skeleton Ethernetif.c is adhered to, why would (b) apply?

IMO, one thing that e.g. Micrium does very well where I wish lwIP would also
is to provide a large contrib section of ports for various processors and
Ethernet controllers.

If rules for contributing a port existed requiring using the driver skeleton
and its naming conventions and these rules are followed, then we should be
able to have a more complete number of ports that don't break with lwIP
updates.

This would also allow a place for assembly language checksum routines which
go a long way to speeding up a port (and potentially making it smaller too).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6745>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/