lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] SYN flood attack - lwip crash

From: pweb . ing
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] SYN flood attack - lwip crash
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 21:00:23 +0100

2009/2/2, address@hidden <address@hidden>:
> Thanks for finding this, I've filed a bug in the savannah bug tracker.

i saw the email.. i have to read it...

> Does this mean there are not problems when TCP_LISTEN_BACKLOG is turned off?

i will try tomorrow.... but in this case i cannot have pending request
to connect?

>  Oh, and you wouldn't have to restart the board, only close and reopen
> the listen pcb, but I know that's not an option :-)

no i can't... because i cannot catch this situation... i'm using
socket... no information about internal structure...

> Just out of curiostiy: The tests you did isn't a real SYN flooding DoS
> attack, is it? I think it's only a stress-test, since the connection is
> closed in a correct way, not left half-open.

i personally saw and debug this issue using nmap tool... but before,
people who te
tested my board, reported me the bug... they used a tool which do real
SYN attack, build by themself... but i cannot have this tool

Piero