lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Re: [task #7040] Work on tcp_enqueue

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Re: [task #7040] Work on tcp_enqueue
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 16:42:55 +0100

Jakob Stoklund Olesen wrote:
Right. Do you think my proposals for TCP are a detour from a unified
solution? I think the requirements for TCP and UDP/UDPLite are different
enough that little can be shared.

I would probably make these functions:

inet_chksum_pseudo_header(): inet_chksum_pseudo without payload.
inet_chksum_memcpy(): Checksumming memcpy.

They would be useful for UDP as well.

For TCP, a checksum field in the pbuf is not really that useful. A
data_csum field in tcp_seg might be, but it is not strictly necessary.

I guess that's OK. If we move on with patch #6253, we can still change the TCP code to use the saved checksum. We definitively would need a function/macro that adds 2 checksums to one and takes care of correct wraparound (I remember we had a bug there some time - better to have it only in one place).

Simon