lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] SYN flood attack - lwip crash

From: Piero 74
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] SYN flood attack - lwip crash
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:56:42 +0100

Hi Kieran.

At the end of scan... no answers from lwip...
i did a cut of wireshark, from the final tests of scan, to the end.

After the scan, i tried more times to connect to board...

I'm trying other test.... i will post here the results

Piero

2009/1/30 Kieran Mansley <address@hidden>
On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 10:39 +0100, Piero 74 wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I did a test again using NMAP. I did an aggressive scan.
> I have LWIP running on my board, with 3 listener open.
>
> After the scan, i couldn't connect to board using a tcp client.
> I debugging the code: lwip_stats doesn't show nothing strange, driver
> works, all pbufs seems free.
>
> I have a wireshark log, but it's a zip file of 4MBytes... i suppose i
> cannot attach here
> If it could be useful, i can send it to a private email of someone of
> active developers... please provide me the email address.
>
> I don't know how debug this situation.... i'm trying again now.... any
> idea????

Could you get a packet capture from just after the end of the scan?
That would be the most interesting part.  Maybe you could just truncate
your existing capture to show that?

Kieran