lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Extended udp_recv callback

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Extended udp_recv callback
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:36:06 +0100

> > I am not very familiar with the lwIP socket layer -- I am not using it.
> > I believe you could implement most of the recvmsg() functionality by
> > extending struct netbuf to also hold ip_hdr and netif pointers. The
> > ip_hdr wouĺd give you access to IP_TOS, IP_TTL, IP_OPTIONS, and
> > IP_RECVSTADDR.
>
> Would anyone with an interest in future changes/improvements to the
> sockets API care to comment on this?

That's how I thought it would be implemented. At least with the netconn API.
But even with socket not relying on that API, it should work that way. Although
I'm not sure at which time the IP header gets deallocated if it lies in a
different pbuf than the UDP header/payload?

Simon
--
Sensationsangebot verlängert: GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 16,37 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K1308T4569a