lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6528] lwIP crash with large ICMP messages.

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6528] lwIP crash with large ICMP messages.
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 21:05:32 +0000

Follow-up Comment #5, patch #6528 (project lwip):

The change to ip_frag is fine as you'd expect.  One question though and an
observation:

If I ping say 2000 (or more) should I get a full response?  There is a
partial response, but not enough for Ping to not just timeout.

Observation: If I ping over 1472 and less than some value.  Ping times out.
If I Ping e.g. 16000, I get "Reply from 192.168.123.120: TTL expired during
reassembly."  Why do I not get that error always on a ping over MTU?

I use MEM_LIBC_MALLOC because I get from my linker end of BSS and beginning
of stack and I use that for my heap.  Stack is at the end of RAM and BSS grows
upwards.  If there was an init which would take heap start and heap end (or
length) I'd use lwIP malloc routines.

I've studied carefully the change and agree with it.  At most you would pad
to align ram_heap by MEM_ALIGNMENT-1 because the array size is a multiple of
the alignment, as is the SIZEOF_STRUCT_MEM.

I'll submit an addition for mem_init with heap start and end parameters if
anyone agrees it would be nice to use lwIP routines without using a statically
allocated heap.

Bill

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6528>

  Message sent via/by Savannah