lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20515] TCP delayed ack does not work as expected

From: Jim Pettinato
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20515] TCP delayed ack does not work as expected
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:18:37 +0000

Some more info on this...

It looks like the existing code may have been an attempt to implement Clark's
solution for silly window avoidance by the receiver... but it's missing an
important part. Clark's algorithm CLOSES the window until a complete segment
can be received or the buffer is half empty, which implies that an immediate
ACK to reopen the window should occur when those thresholds are again met. The
code that's there almost does that... but it doesn't do it only if the window
was closed, it does it all the time... and that's the problem.

So... do we want to implement a silly window avoidance solution on the
receiving end completely as well? That would also mean we should be closing
the window when it becomes too small for efficient transfer.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20515>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/