lwip-devel

AW: [lwip-devel] R: [lwip-users] Sending to myself

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: AW: [lwip-devel] R: [lwip-users] Sending to myself
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:38:09 +0100

Copying the code to your netif would also work.

The important thing here is that you MUST NEVER call ip_input from your
netif_output function (the TCP part of the lwip core is not reentrant since it
uses some global variables)!

Therefore, the loopif has changed in the CVS version:
- without an OS (raw API only, no netconn or sockets api), it uses a queue for
the ouput packets and empties that queue when loopif_poll is called (must be
from the main loop, not from inside a core stack function)
- with an OS (using tcpip_thread/tcpip.c ...), it can call netif->input
directly since this leads to putting the packet on a queue inside tcpip_thread.

So when implementing it yourself, you have to choose the right way to do it
depending on your setup (OS or no OS).

Simon