lwip-devel

RE : RE : [lwip-devel] -Wall -Werror

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : RE : [lwip-devel] -Wall -Werror
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:03:02 +0100

>I always thought the proto argument to netconn_alloc_with_proto_and_callback
>was for future-proofing. But if you're going to change the API definition,
>then you should probably also change the name!

I forgot I waited an answer from Simon in
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?21656. But I think there is no problem to
rename netconn_alloc_with_proto_and_callback in netconn_alloc_with_callback (if
no objections).

>The netdb.c change looks like a bug fix, not warning fix!

Yes. I also have these warnings, and I wonder if this is just a wrong warning
or a real error (you can translate like "used but can be uninitialized"):

c:\opensource\lwip\lwip\src\core\snmp\msg_in.c(267) : warning C4701: variable
locale 'np' potentiellement non initialisée utilisée
c:\opensource\lwip\lwip\src\core\snmp\msg_in.c(638) : warning C4701: variable
locale 'np' potentiellement non initialisée utilisée

====================================
Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique
Microsoft Certified Professional
Tél. : +33 (0)4-67-87-61-10
Fax. : +33 (0)4-67-70-85-44
Email : address@hidden
Web Site : http://www.hymatom.fr

> Here a patch for some others warnings. Kieran, are you agree I check
> in it?

I always thought the proto argument to netconn_alloc_with_proto_and_callback
was for future-proofing. But if you're going to change the API definition, then
you should probably also change the name!

Otherwise just use LWIP_UNUSED_ARG on it.

The netdb.c change looks like a bug fix, not warning fix!

Jifl
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine