lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:06:42 +0000

>> I think the found callback should have an error parameter so the
>> caller knows why the IP was not found (memory
>> error/timoeut/negative answer/string error...)
>
> Not so useful. But we can.

I think it is important to know the source of a failure (as in the rest of
the stack, when ERR_MEM is returned). The problem arises in dns.c because old
queries are aborted if too many new queries are begun.

If we don't allow new queries when the dns_table is full (so return something
like ERR_MEM instead), that would solve the problem as well.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7017>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/