lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7236] Check UDP LITE standard conformance

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7236] Check UDP LITE standard conformance
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 13:44:50 +0000

(To have all background about this problem in this task, I copy/paste coments
from task #6998)

mercredi 25.07.2007 à 21:49, commentaire #12 :

I attach a capture file (note that I only set IPPROTO_UDPLITE in "proto", and
I don't have set any setsockopt, since, I suppose, default values should be
good). Packet #259 is interesting for its error.

A link of wireshark about that :

http://wiki.wireshark.org/Lightweight_User_Datagram_Protocol

(file #13469)

mercredi 25.07.2007 à 20:51, commentaire #11 :

I would like to do some tests of this features. The first problem I see is
that wireshark detect all UDP-Lite packets with a "wrong" checksum. Of course,
Wireshark isn't perfect (and sometimes seems detect error checksums on TCP
packets). But, since I don't have any other reference, I have a "doubt" about
this first point. Does anyone do some tests on UDP-Lite?

Next point, I would like to test UDP-Lite with a service receiving packets on
a Windows XP Pro. But I'm not sure that this OS is able to process such
packets. It seems to only be possible with the IPv6 stack, and/or on Windows
2003 Server. Anyone can confirm (or not) this information ?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7236>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/