lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Last changes by Marc

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Last changes by Marc
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:34:30 +0100

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 16:28 +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Frédéric BERNON wrote:
> > Some notes about last changes by Marc Boucher. We have talk yesterday
> > with him about some of these changes.
>
> I didn't see anything about these changes anywhere? Nor anything in the
> Changelog. I'm also surprised by all these changes this close to 1.3 when
> other less problematic changes are not being done. That being said, most of
> the changes look good.

Me too.  Marc has been an lwip developer for sometime but not
particularly active of late.  In particular he was probably last active
before I requested developers be more rigorous about the use of the bug
and patch trackers and the Changelog, and I think Frederic has pointed
this out to him.

I might have preferred to hold off on a lot of this till after the 1.3
release, but as they've gone in I think the best thing is to do our best
to include them rather than trying to back it all out again, which seems
to be where everyone is heading anyway.

Otherwise, I'm in agreement with all your points.

Kieran