lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #20409] Add netif callback function for link change ev

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #20409] Add netif callback function for link change event
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 06:43:34 +0000

Coming back to the original problem:

After all I don't really understand what's wrong with the current UP/DOWN...
If you want a netif to stay down, stop dhcp & autoip and set it down! If you
want it up, either call netif_set_up yourself or call dhcp_start (or
autoip_something, I don't really know that part, yet).

I agree we need to do something if the link comes back
(dhcp/autoip/gratuitous arp). If it is down we simply return errors.

The only thing you'd need an indication that the netif is down would be to
save power. I agree that this can't be done easily with lwIP but it _can_ be
done in most cases since you write the application yourself, so you control
the netif up/down/dhcp state. After all, lwIP is still supposed to be 'lw'...
:-)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20409>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/