lwip-devel

RE : [lwip-devel] [task #7068] lwIP docs: Update, improve, add documenta

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : [lwip-devel] [task #7068] lwIP docs: Update, improve, add documentation about using lwIP
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:16:48 +0200

>Freeze? Now?
No, in "some weeks" ("some" is an unknown value ;) )

>We should really talk about the new timers before releasing
a new version, since that breaks compatibility!
Yes (timers, with jiffies/ticks?). I also would like to introduce "mutex" in
sys_arch (since it's also break existing ports). Your opinion?

>Checksum on copy is on the way, so that should make it into a new release,
>too.
It depend of the time you need to check in it, you're the only one to know
that. More, it's an optimization...

>Ip_frag changes should go in, too.
Here, it's more a bug fix. It should be good to have it in current release, no?

>The rest of the tasks and most of the bugs can be delayed I think.
Pretty agree, but I think we should check each one, and that each active
developer give his opinion. Kieran, I think you should open a task like "lwIP
1.3.0 release" to talk about that.

What I would like to have closed before next release is:

bug #20429: Potential problem with IP Fragmentation and TCPRetransmit
bug #20318: api_msg "recv" callbacks don't call pbuf_free in all error cases
bug #20315: Problem in the use of tcp_listen in api_msg.c
bug #20288: event_callback is called from multiple threads without locking
bug #20287: tcp_output_nagle sends too early
bug #20021: conn->sem is only signaled one-way
bug #19953: Bug in TCP State Machine - SYN_RCVD
bug #1902: Timeouts and semaphores/mailboxes are too tightly integrated

task #6969: Review usage of conn->err in netconn layer

And perhaps :
patch #5741: bug in out of sequence queue processing - incoming segment is
larger than the old segment

There is also some PPP specific problems:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5628
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?17726 (same as previous)
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?13315 (old, June 2005)
I sent an email to found a PPP developer, but no answers. So, perhaps PPP is
not something we can't maintain. Last user which seems to be active on that
(except Jonathan) is "Janusz U". What do with PPP? Let it like this? Or...

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique
Microsoft Certified Professional