lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7068] lwIP docs: Update, improve, add documentation

From: Jared Grubb
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7068] lwIP docs: Update, improve, add documentation about using lwIP
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:47:21 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

As a newcomer to lwIP, the docs are MUCH better than the competition out
there, but more documentation on how to use lwIP would be useful. The
learning curve is not bad, but it could be improved. I see the following
areas of improvement:

* Example code (e.g., HTTP server code needs updated)
* Architectural notes (e.g., the doc attached)
* Implementation note (e.g., sys_arch should explain a bit more about
sys_timeouts)
* Update/expand the PDF Adam wrote, if he'll let us

Example:
I have attached a draft TeX/PDF I made this weekend. I had trouble keeping
straight where thread context changes happened and what was done where. This
document is a flow chart for the path an incoming frame/packet takes through
the stack. It's not polished, but it's a good start and is in LaTeX, so is
"easily" updated and maintained.

File Attachments:

Date: Monday 07/09/2007 at 09:47  Name: rx_flow.tex  Size: 13kB   By: jgrubb

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/download.php?file_id=13273>