lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6994] Redesign Socket Layer with LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOC

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6994] Redesign Socket Layer with LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 21:54:33 +0000

(Simon Goldschmidt wrote about comment#7):

>I'm agree, the windows way is good for me. About sizeof problem, since these
two types are based on processor word size, I think there is no problem.

It's not? I don't think int is guaranteed to be 64 bit on 64-bit systems
(that have 64-bit pointers)! In contrast, microsoft AND gcc seem to declare
ints as 32-bit both for 32-bit and 64-bit systems! That could keep us from
doing it the microsoft way since we want socket() to return an int, and not a
typedef like SOCKET (like microsoft does it).

>...If we want to do that, a semaphore in lwip_socket have to be add.

I wouldn't want to support this, but if we say sockets can be used from
multiple threads, we have to protect them from multiple writes! It could be
enough to set a flag that someone is writing and in the other thread, return
something like EAGAIN.

>... about lwip_shutdown

I'd like it to behave like other socket implementations do, only I don't know
how they behave. I'll check that with linux...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6994>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/