lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client

From: Pettinato, Jim
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] [task #7017] Implement DNS client
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:17:46 -0400

Also agreed on the name... Though if we use 'dns_' as the prefix, we may also
want to change all the other functions in the module that currently use the
'resolv_' prefix.

Next question - do we integrate this into the core or leave it as a separate
app? Integration might be nice as we could call the init and timer functions
for the end users, leaving only the actual call to dns_gethostbyname() and the
callback function to worry about upon use.

Opts.h and lwipopts.h would need to define/undef LWIP_DNS_SUPPORT or something
similar if we integrate... And additionally probably include a default value
for LWIP_RESOLV_ENTRIES (which sets the size of the local DNS cache).