lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6863] Create option to use different size pools (usi

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6863] Create option to use different size pools (using memp) instead of heap
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:40:31 +0000

> I will be interested to know if you have done a little evaluation about
size passed to mem_malloc (with a stats feature)?

I did, but that's a long time ago and unfortunately I don't have that code
any more. But it's an interesting suggestion to include in the code!

> With SNMP, isn't it possible to get something larger that 1500?

I'm using that code for nearly a year now (not exactly this code but the
effect is the same) with 7 different sized pools. The biggest pool has
elements of 1548 bytes and I never ran into an assert.
Unfortunately I can't tell you what is the biggest size SNMP allocates, but
1548 certainly seems to be enough...

> And in such case, how is it handle (I not yet read your code)?

mem_malloc returns NULL (and asserts) in that case.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6863>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/