lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6827] etharp could need some tuning

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6827] etharp could need some tuning
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 07:11:22 +0000

I'd like to have an opinion from other developers on the following:
Currently, it's pretty hard to change the table structure in etharp.c, since
the use of arp_table[i] is spread all over the file. I plan to change this by
letting find_entry return a pointer to an entry instead of an index to the
table. That way, only find_entry() and the timer function (maybe that can be
changed too, by some kind of define) have to know the structure of the
'table' so only those functions need to be changed to implement e.g. a hash
table.

Do any of you have something against that change? I.e. would it make the code
slower to work with a pointer instead of a table index? (I think it doesn't
but I want some other opinions before changing that)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6827>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/