lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19816] Stop the tcpip_thread

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19816] Stop the tcpip_thread
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 11:31:00 +0000

Hehe, when beginning to work with lwIP ports, I asked myself why there is no
such thing like sys_thread_delete()...

The answer is that most embedded systems don't need to gracefully shutdown,
but if you need it, why not implement it...

All you would need is a new message the tells tcpip_thread to exit the loop.
But care has to be taken with the ports. I don't think that every port is
tested to cope with thread functions returning...
In my port, there is an ASSERT if a thread function returns. This would have
to be changed to delete the thread when its function returns.

Also, you have to make sure you stop all socket/netconn threads first so they
don't sleep forever waiting for an answer from tcpip_thread.

Next, network drivers might need a stop() function?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19816>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/