lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #5914] Move sockopt processing into tcpip_thread

From: Frédéric Bernon
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #5914] Move sockopt processing into tcpip_thread
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 10:34:56 +0000

Follow-up Comment #8, patch #5914 (project lwip):

>Yes it is like that, but when integrating setsockopt into api
>messages, we would have to introduce yet another type of api msg.

Yes, but you have already the communication layer with tcpip_thread   and
it's ready if, "one day", a netconn user want to use it. And it  help to
remain coherent with current sockets/tcpip_thread architecture, no ?

>Huh? What do you mean? I'm trying to make lwIP sockets API more
>thread-safe, if that's what you mean?

Ah, ok, I just want to be sure about that. Do you have see some special cases
where a direct access is not "good" ? Because, most of time, it's only memory
word access, right?

> If it's integrated directly into api_msg.c, then the code is
present for everyone (Jonathan)

Yes, but why not a LWIP_SOCKETS options? It could help to know if some code
have to be use only for sockets users, and help to remain coherent with
current design. What do you think about that? (after all, we have also add
some defines to know if we are or not in ...MULTITHREADING)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5914>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/