lwip-devel

RE : [lwip-devel] SYS_STATS ?

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : [lwip-devel] SYS_STATS ?
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:28:08 +0100

It is used in some ports (coldfire & unix). But it would be better to name it
SYS_ARCH_STATS and to use SYS_STATS for sys.c operations... But in a first
time, I will let like that to not break the ports...

I will also found usefull to change stats.h/.c to only declare & display
counters if the matching define is set to 1. I will reduce the footprint, and
stats_display will only show usefull informations (and not list with 0).

It will look like :

struct stats_ {
#if LINK_STATS
  struct stats_proto link;
#endif
#if IPFRAG_STATS
  struct stats_proto ip_frag;
#endif
#if IP_STATS
  struct stats_proto ip;
#endif
#if ICMP_STATS
  struct stats_proto icmp;
#endif
#if UDP_STATS
  struct stats_proto udp;
#endif
#if TCP_STATS
  struct stats_proto tcp;
#endif
#if PBUF_STATS
  struct stats_pbuf pbuf;
#endif
#if MEM_STATS
  struct stats_mem mem;
#endif
#if MEMP_STATS
  struct stats_mem memp[MEMP_MAX];
#endif
#define SYS_STATS
  struct stats_sys sys;
#endif
};

void
stats_display(void)
{
  s16_t i;
#if MEMP_STATS
  char * memp_names[] = {
    "PBUF",
    "RAW_PCB",
    "UDP_PCB",
    "TCP_PCB",
    "TCP_PCB_LISTEN",
    "TCP_SEG",
    "NETBUF",
    "NETCONN",
    "TCPIP_MSG",
    #if ARP_QUEUEING
    "ARP_QUEUE",
    #endif
    "SYS_TIMEOUT"
  };
#endif
#if LINK_STATS
  stats_display_proto(&lwip_stats.link, "LINK");
#endif
#if IPFRAG_STATS
  stats_display_proto(&lwip_stats.ip_frag, "IP_FRAG");
#endif
#if IP_STATS
  stats_display_proto(&lwip_stats.ip, "IP");
#endif
#if ICMP_STATS
  stats_display_proto(&lwip_stats.icmp, "ICMP");
#endif
#if UDP_STATS
  stats_display_proto(&lwip_stats.udp, "UDP");
#endif
#if TCP_STATS
  stats_display_proto(&lwip_stats.tcp, "TCP");
#endif
#if PBUF_STATS
  stats_display_pbuf(&lwip_stats.pbuf);
#endif
#if MEM_STATS
  stats_display_mem(&lwip_stats.mem, "HEAP");
#endif
#if MEMP_STATS
  for (i = 0; i < MEMP_MAX; i++) {
    stats_display_mem(&lwip_stats.memp[i], memp_names[i]);
  }
#endif
}

Agree for this last change (and I commit)?

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique
Microsoft Certified Professional