lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #19162] lwip_sendto: possible to corrupt remote addr/p

From: Bryan Schwichtenberg
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #19162] lwip_sendto: possible to corrupt remote addr/port connection state
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:04:16 +0000

Hello,
  I'm relatively new here, but I have noticed the same issue as listed in the
original comment with a different perspective as to root cause from comment
#1.

Our application is using UDP under a TFTP client. The client side is a
relatively slow embedded processor and the server is a fast Linux based PC.
We have only one application thread on the client side accessing the lwIP
stack. However, we run into the same issue because the server responds so
quickly to the lwip_send() that the receive thread internal to lwIP is
putting data into the queue before the netconn_disconnect() can be added to
the queue. I think this means that having application control access won't
work. There needs to be multi-threaded protection wthin lwIP. Thanks.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?19162>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/