lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] more about SO_REUSE and UDP

From: K.J. Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] more about SO_REUSE and UDP
Date: 24 Mar 2004 12:01:07 +0000

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 08:43, address@hidden wrote:

> address@hidden wrote on 23-03-2004
> 20:26:40:
>
> Thanks,
>
> > Maybe we should ask on lwip-users?
>
> If we can think up an alternative
> for the current implementation it will
> both please the socket and PCB users.
>
> Besides simple PCB based applications
> we have our own sockets implementation.
>
> We keep the socket options in the socket
> layer itself, instead of placing them in the pcb
> (so_options in the IP_PCB define in ip.h ?).
>
> I'm not familiar with the lwip socket layer,
> but there seems to be a struct where all of the
> options could live.

We'd still need some way to flag the correct behaviour in the underlying
layers.  I think the reason the flag is stored in the pcb is that the
functionality that uses the flag is in ip/tcp/udp.c rather than
sockets.c  It's been a while since I've looked at this (rather busy
atm), so if you think the functionality could all be moved up to the
socket layer maybe I should take another look.

It should all compile out for those users who don't want support for
these options, and so it shouldn't be bloating code unnecessarily.  Is
there anywhere where this isn't the case?

Kieran