lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] RFC: debug and asserts

From: Zschocke, Florian
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] RFC: debug and asserts
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:32:54 +0100

Jani Monoses wrote on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 11:11 AM:

> 1) Make assert be selectable separately from debug

Agreed.

> 2) Change throughout the code constructs of the form:
> #if TCP_DEBUG
> LWIP_DEBUGF (TCP_DEBUG,......)
> #endif
> to only the LWIP_DEBUGF line.

Agreed.

> 3) Make debug and assert be checked with #if not #ifdef for
> consistency again.

Objection. As I keep repeating the current usage of debug checking in the
code is a pain if you want to use dynamic debug switches as we do in our
system. But as that complaint hasn't lead to changes so far, I guess you may
feel free to ignore my objection. :) (It would also mean larger changes).

Florian.