lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Bug in Checksum implementation and ARP fix

From: Florian Schulze
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Bug in Checksum implementation and ARP fix
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:09:10 +0200

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:42:19 +0100 (BST), Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:

Interesting.  I've been looking at the checksum code today too, and
wondering about ways to make it faster.  I expect most of those would
break some architectures too. Maybe we should move the checksum code into
an architecture specific place in the source tree, and keep a
generic-should-work-on-most implementation (ie. the one there is
already) as the default.  Anyone got opinions on this?

Maybe it should be similar to the network interfaces. One example implementation for reference and then maybe optimized versions (assembler) in the architecture directories.

Regards,
Florian Schulze