[Ltib] Video on M54455evb BSP (VGA Mode 13 on Nvida 3.3 V Geforce PCI ca

From: John Jeffers
Subject: [Ltib] Video on M54455evb BSP (VGA Mode 13 on Nvida 3.3 V Geforce PCI card)
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 16:34:41 -0500

Hello again.

Thanks!  Now I can get a BDI-2000 GDB going.

I found all the source for the M54455EVB and where ltib put it. I feel much more comfortable about ltib. I don't however "see" a video driver compiled in.

Has anyone compiled one into the 2.6.23 coldfire patched kernel? Just console mode vga will do. Target is Nvidia 3.3V PCI card on m54455evb. I had a choice of ATI or Nvidia 3.3v PCI cards for this board (only 3.3v PCI cards I could find).

I know I will have to do this pretty much the same as a target board like an itx Via embedded board eg MII-1000 and do the kernel selection but I am hoping for a little good advise for this target.

Part of this is what exactly do / how far do the Coldfire patches go beyond the ones for arch and is the PCI really active. On a x86 or arm <arch> I would know already.

Thanks Again!

Cheers John