lout-users

Re: Buffer overflow in the StringQuotedWord() function

From: Oliver Bandel
Subject: Re: Buffer overflow in the StringQuotedWord() function
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 15:24:52 +0200

Quoting  William Bader <williambader@hotmail.com> (snt: 2020-10-23 06:19 +0200
CEST) (rcv: 2020-10-23 06:20 +0200 CEST):
> >with test02 not.
>
> valgrind also didn't always catch one of them.
[...]

Hmhh.

[...]
> >I could create a repo for lout at GitLab.
>
> If you make it, I can post my other big patch file as an issue.

I'm not familiar with the lout-sourcecode.
So it would make much more sense if you would set up such a repo and
maintain the code.

I would only make it, if nobody else would do it.
Maintaining a project without knowing the code is not the best idea.
It's just an emergency solution to have such a repo at all, so that
linux-distributions see some liveliness there, and the possibility to
interact.

Providing the code as tar.gz only, like here:
  http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/lout/
is just not interactive enough (aka too old style).

So some web around git (like GitLab or Github) looks like a necessity to
me these days.

Best solution: someone who knows the code and even has provided changes
would also take care of the whole code base.

Ciao,
  Oliver