lout-users

Re: Buffer overflow in the StringQuotedWord() function

From: Oliver Bandel
Subject: Re: Buffer overflow in the StringQuotedWord() function
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 13:07:44 +0200

Quoting  Matěj Cepl <mcepl@cepl.eu> (snt: 2020-10-22 12:28 +0200 CEST) (rcv:
> Reinoud Zandijk píše v Čt 22. 10. 2020 v 10:54 +0200:
> > On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 03:37:15AM +0000, William Bader wrote:
> > A shared repository would be handy indeed. If don't know if
> > github is a good idea since it can frament a lot but it needs
> > a maintainer/shared git account so it doesn't get lost.
>
> Fear of fragmentation is largely exaggerated: if there is one
> obvious central repository (e.g.,
> https://github.com/jeffrey-kingston/lout or
> https://github.com/lout/lout) with somebody really taking care
> of it (so pull requests are reviewed and merged in the
> reasonable amount of time),
[...]

The question is: how often do new pull requests come in and
how fast they need to be reviewed.
The lower the traffic, the easier it is for people to make it in short
windows of free time.
I would guess it's rather low-traffic on lout, but William Bader
mentioned 1300 lines of patch-code already existing.

Opening a repository is one thing. Having the time to manage it is
a different thing. And if you don't know the source-code well, it may
take a while to say yes or no to pull-requests.

That in mind, William Bader looks like the ideal new maintainer ;-)

Ciao,
  Oliver

P.S.: I'm not using lout at the moment and I'm on the LaTex side again.
      But to have a working lout (without bugs) is always a good idea.
      I just recommended lout to someone (a friend of functional
      programming) some months ago for making his flyers.