lout-users

Re: Buffer overflow in the StringQuotedWord() function

From: William Bader
Subject: Re: Buffer overflow in the StringQuotedWord() function
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 03:37:15 +0000

I have active projects that use lout, and my diff file of small fixes and enhancement to lout-3.40 is now over 1300 lines.
Would it be possible to find a home for the 3.40 source on github or https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/ so that patches can at least be posted as issues even if there is never another release?
Someone posted 3.39 as https://github.com/thektulu/lout
Someone posted some data fixes as https://github.com/EPadronU/lout
github has some other projects called lout, but I think that they are for Logging OUTput of web apps.
Has anyone looked at the memory issues?
StringQuotedWord lout-3.40/z39.c:254:66 looks easy to fix by checking that q < &buf[MAX_BUF-2] in the loop.
srcnext lout-3.40/z02.c:381:26 is more complicated. Does it have to check that limit > mem_block?
Regards, William