lout-users

Re: Is it possible to have a PDF table of contents list?

From: slomium
Subject: Re: Is it possible to have a PDF table of contents list?
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 16:09:17 -0600

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 3:14 PM Mark Summerfield wrote:
---<snip>---

> > -uwe
>
> Thanks for that idea, I've created this:
>
> def @TocA right x {
>      {
>          @BackEnd @Case {
>              PostScript @Yield
>              {
>                  "[ /Title ("x") /OUT pdfmark " # lout provides ] ?
>              }
>              else @Yield @Null
>              }
>      } @Graphic { }
> }
>
> And it works!
>
> One downside is that I can't do 'subordinate' bookmarks because to do
> that you need to know how many there are so that for the parent you can
> set the /Count value.

Mark,

Very nice!  How do you use this definition?  Are you just applying it
to the items you want to have as "bookmarks" as you create your
slides?  I've wanted something like this for books but wasn't sure
where to start.  I see @DocInfo in bsf that was pointed out earlier
but don't follow how it's used or how your @TocA would be put to use.
The pdfmark related things in the z49.c file make more sense to me.

Thanks,
Dave