lout-users

Re: Linux Libertine fonts

From: Matej Nanut
Subject: Re: Linux Libertine fonts
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 00:57:54 +0200

> But the corresponding .pfb/.pfa must be visible to Ghostscript if you
> want to be able to display it.
>
> Ludo’.

I've the TTF (and OTF) versions of the font, but they seem to work
fine. I think I wasn't clear enough on what my problem was though, let
me try to show it:

---
$ pwd
/usr/share/fonts/TTF
$ ttf2afm LinLibertine_I.ttf | ag Name
FontName LinLibertineI
FullName Linux Libertine Initials
FamilyName Linux Libertine Initials
$ ttf2afm LinLibertine_RIah.ttf | ag Name
FontName LinLibertineI
FullName Linux Libertine Italic
FamilyName Linux Libertine
---

Now, if I create a PDF (I always pipe lout output through ps2pdf),
wherever I specify an italic (Slope) face, I'll get the Initials face,
not the Italic face. This mostly means the text will be crossed-out
boxes. If I delete LinLibertine_I.ttf, the expected Italic face shows
up.

Which reminds me, I must supply ps2pdf with the -sPAPERSIZE=a4 switch
every time to get an A4 page, which seems odd.

Matej.